DIRECTOR PRODUCER/ EDITOR/ DIGITAL STRATEGIST
An incredibly skilled producer, content creator and budding director, Maya Table acts as the executive producer of her production company, Sam Frank Productions, named after her grandfather. Her production credits include producing music videos for Janelle Monae, Usher, Migos, Travis Scott, Summer Walker and Teyana Taylor. Directing credits include videos for Google, Lululemon and Head & Shoulders. She recently added “film director” to her title, having directed the short film “Dating App”, which was featured by Issa Rae and the short documentary, “Reclaiming Nappy” which was featured on Facebook Watch and at Facebook’s 2019 Sundance Festival panel. In addition, she’s had 10+ year of digital strategy experience, leading marketing efforts for clients such as The Cut Life and Coca Cola.
10 facts about me
- I love the Lord.
- I’m from Memphis, Tennessee but have been in Atlanta, Georgia for most of my life.
- I learned to play the piano by ear.
- I graduated from Georgia State University as a Film and Video major.
- During my college years, I interned for Radio One, BET’s 106 & Park, BET’s RapCity, Atlanta Ballet and on various movies and music video sets.
- The first music video that I interned on was T.I.’s “24s” video.
- When I was 16, my mom put me in the NAACP. I joined their ACT-SO program that taught teenagers how to become entrepreneurs. My business plan won first place in their regional contest.
- For years I worked as a digital branding specialist for artists like Trey Songz & Jeezy and companies like TiVo, Coca Cola and Raymond Weil. This was my side gig when I wasn’t producing videos.
- While I was in college I was the captain of a dance team and created Atlanta’s first dance agency Two 8-Counts. Once I graduated, Grammy award winning artist Ciara and I created a dance agency called UDT.
- Along with long walks on the beach, I also love tutoring kids in Math, mentoring, photography and comedy.
Creative Outsiders podcast interview: Click to listen
Girls On Film podcast interview: Click to listen